Saturday, December 23, 2006

Travelling to the East is nice

I'm starting to appreciate my occasional trips back East, because jet lag seems to be the only thing that can get me back to a "normal person" schedule. Having been in college for three and a third years, I have slowly migrated to being awake from 11 am to 2 pm. Waking up early for class is painful, to say the least. I sort of miss my high school days when going to bed at 12 am was "late" and, while I didn't like waking up at 7 every day, I could do it and still act like a normal person.

Now, with both my trips to Central time (2 hours ahead), I adjust to being on that schedule so when I come back to California, I get sleepy around 10 pm and can wake up early. It's amazing--after coming back from Texas, I spent a good week waking up before 10 am. It's liberating being able to act like a normal person for once...

Speaking of getting up early, tomorrow I'm waking up at the ungodly hour of 8 am to volunteer at Arbor Free Clinic (I'm an interpreter). Even though it's Christmas Eve, the clinic is still running, and being a local, I've guilt tripped myself into helping out (we're probably going to be understaffed anyways). It should be fun though, and maybe this will earn me brownie points with Santa (too bad he doesn't exist... oh well, it'll improve my karma anyways).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home