Wednesday, December 13, 2006

My crazy schedule for the next week

I just finished a pretty easy Medical Spanish final and the end is in sight. After spending 6 long hours in the Tresidder Lair yesterday, my bioinformatics group project report is done, and all I have left to do is study for a (hard) final I'm making up on Saturday. The finals are not what I'm worried about though, it's my crazy travel/interview schedule that's going to be keeping me busy for the next few days.

Today I have to pack up my stuff and move back... I also have to do some laundry, which is irritating. Then, I'm going to leave for UC Irvine tomorrow (MSTP interview), and I'll get back on Friday. I have my final on Saturday, and will have one day of rest before I have to fly again on Monday, this time to St. Louis for a WashU medical school interview. By the time I get back on Tuesday night, I'm going to be exhausted.

I have figured out what I'm taking next quarter though, which is exciting: I also am about 99% positive I can graduate on time (which is always a good thing!). Here's my proposed schedule:

CS 103A: Discrete Math (this looks boring but is supposed to be easy.. blah requirements).
BMI 211/CS 271: Introduction to Biomedical Informatics: System Design (also a requirement, but looks a little less boring)
BMI 215/CS 275: Translatonal Bioinformatics (This class looks like it's going to rock!)
SLAVGEN 146: The Age of Transgression: The Great Russian Novel

I'm most excited about taking the Russian lit class-it's only the 4th I've taken at Stanford, which is a bummer. It might end up as death for me because it's a Russian majors' WIM, so next quarter I might be complaining about writing a million papers. In the big scheme of things, papers aren't bad though. I used to be good at writing papers (maybe I still am, but all I write nowadays are grant proposals), and when you're done writing a paper you don't have to go through debugging and error testing.

I also wanted to take CS 108 this quarter (not as a 5th class! in place of another one of these... I'm not that crazy), as I've heard that your Stanford CS experience is not complete until you do. Unfortunately, it conflicted with one of my required classes. Oh well, now I can continue to blithely hate on Java.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home