Friday, December 08, 2006

I never thought I'd say it, but...

I actually think I'm getting burnt out. I think the combination of taking on too much this summer (research plus a hard class) and having to work through all my breaks on medical school application stuff has made me really, really tired of school work. I've been terrible about doing things on time, and while I haven't been turning in assignments late, I've definitely been waiting until the last minute to do everything. I used to be the person who started assignments the day they were due, and now I'm waiting until the night before to even look at it!
Next quarter I'm going to take an easy, non-stressful courseload full of nice things like mindless problem sets. I'm really tired of stuff like unstructured research or classes with huge assignments which you have four weeks to complete. I'm looking forward to Winter break more than anyone can imagine. Heck, I'm looking forward to this weekend--my last Structural Biology project is due today at midnight, and I'm nowhere near done.

On a happier note:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Thank you, Auntie Brenda. My aunt is incredibly cool, and even if she didn't like to take me shopping for ridiculously expensive things, I'd still enjoy visiting her and riding around in her tofu truck and eating huge dinners at Chinese restaurants until the wee hours. (I am continally blown away by the great selection of Chinese restaurants in the Houston area, and if I get into Baylor I'm going to get FAT! The only thing I like more than shopping is EATING!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home