Monday, November 13, 2006

Back from being sick (again)

I got sick again, with bronchitis that apparently is an after-symptom of the flu I had awhile back. I'm just getting over it, so I don't feel terrible, but still cough a lot at night and in the morning. I'm sort of mad, because I was sick during the Nordstrom's Half Yearly Sale. And although it's still going on, every hardcore shopper knows that the best stuff was gone in the first twelve hours of that sale. I'm not going to go there now that it's been like, five days since the start, only to realize that I found a great deal that's only available in size XXS and XXL. Anyways, I already did some online shopping the instant the sale started and grabbed a pair of shoes that I've been coveting for awhile, so that makes up for being too sickly to leave my room.

Two random thoughts:
(1)Today I ate at the Cheesecake Factory for the first time. For the price, I'm certainly not impressed. I had a chicken and avocado club sandwich that was good, but not worth eleven dollars (come on, I'm cheap! You can get pad thai or pho for way less than that! Or sushi for about that price.). Also, we got a spinach dip appetizer, and it came with tortilla chips. For nine bucks, I sort of expect bread with my dip. Come on! I probably will never go there again, unless someone pays for me (as they did tonight--they gave us a gift certificate for working on the reunion party), and even then I will probably try to persuade them to take me somewhere else.

(2)I want to try funnel cake and cesos (brain) tacos. Not at the same time. I am looking for people who are brave enough to come with me to Tacos el Grullense to eat brain tacos before finals. I'm just curious what brains taste like. And funnel cake looks good.

1 Comments:

Blogger seabeans said...

no quiero comer los cesos

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home