Friday, August 25, 2006

Following the Doritos truck home from work...

Yesterday, I was following a Doritos truck down El Camino, and between random cravings for Doritos (and a crazy plan to ram the truck with my car to see if Doritos would spill out) I had to stare at the sign painted on the back of the truck, which said "Frito-Lay: Food for the fun of it!". Which clearly is an acknowledgement by Frito-Lay that "yes, we fuel the wave of junky snacks that makes two-thirds of Americans overweight, but what the hell, it's FUN!".
If you go to their website, you see a different (maybe newer?) slogan, which reads, "Frito-Lay: Good food for the fun of it!". Hmmm... sneaky. Are they implying that the food is good for you? Or just good as in tasty? Either way, I think it's a bad slogan and I'm glad I didn't end up ramming the Doritos truck, because although it would have been pretty FUN eating those chips, I don't think I want to consume anything whose manufacturer openly admits is crap.

1 Comments:

Blogger Anny said...

LOL the same thing happened to me but I didn't even think of hitting the truck for a prize.

Maybe if I had a larger car...

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home