Thursday, August 24, 2006

Lab outing

On Sunday, I went to Malibu Grand Prix with my research lab for our annual "day of fun". I think the last time I went there I was seven or eight years old, which explains why I thought it was next to the Century Park 12 movie theater and had to call people for directions when I couldn't find it. I guess I wasn't paying attention that last time I was there... We raced the go-karts around the track, played mini golf and arcade games, and then went back to Russ's (my professor) house for a barbecue.
Am I the only person who hasn't driven the racecars around? I feel like I was super conservative when I was racing because I had never done it before, my car handled like crap, and I don't like driving that fast anyways. Overall it was pretty fun, but at $5.00 for ONE trip around a half mile track (which lasts from a minute to a minute and a half), it's a little pricey. I did, however, get the sweetest car ever:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I'm the highway patrol. Oh yeah.

And I wasn't here to see this, but apparently my professor was playing DDR (these aren't my pictures, my camera battery died in the middle of racing the cars).

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

After the barbecue, I went with Matt, Angela, Terry, and Robert to see Snakes on a Plane, which was of course awesome. Other than that, I've been having a really boring week. Just studying for GREs and contemplating starting medical school secondaries in between doing research. Matt's going away camping this weekend, so I'm probably going to spend most of this weekend sleeping and shopping (both of which I need to catch up on!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home