Monday, September 11, 2006

Memory leak!

Does anyone else have a D-link wireless adaptor? AirCFG is some application that comes with it, and it has serious memory leak issues. At start up it'll run at 2,000 or 3,000 K but after about a day it'll be at 30,000! I always go into my task manager and kill it, but sometimes I'll forget and suddenly my computer will start lagging because AirCFG is taking up 100,000 K or something ridiculous like that.
I don't even have problems like this with my freeware... grrr.

EDIT:
Wow, just noticed that this is the one-year anniversary of this blog, and I chose to write about a DORKY MEMORY LEAK.
I was also going to write a post about a Marc Jacobs clutch that I would stab a small child for (but scrapped that because people already think I'm violent enough). I guess that pretty much sums me up?

3 Comments:

Blogger seabeans said...

I think Firefox has a giant memory leak. Or maybe it's just fat.

2:11 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

I think it just uses a ton of memory. Because the amount of memory used tends to increase linearly with the number of tabs open.

9:50 PM  
Blogger seabeans said...

I think you're right. I now obsessively check the "activity monitor" and watch it go from 4 megs free to like a hundred free as soon as I quit Firefox. But mozilla did use to have a giant memory leak in its old versions.

2:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home