Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Eeeeeeeh

Bah, I have to upload pictures for my lab presentation tomorrow, so this is why I'm updating.
If you haven't figured it out yet, I'm back from a nice vacation in San Diego, where I did zero work for a few days (and went to a conference for a few more, where I didn't do real work, but learned a lot and talked a lot) so now I'm feeling super unmotivated. San Diego was VERY fun, the conference (Automated Function Prediction) was interesting, plus it was nice to hang out with my labmates in a new place. Plus, I got to hang out with my sister Katherine! We went to the outlet stores (oooo Dooney and Bourke outlet...), the Wild Animal Park, and the flea market.

Random pictures:
My PI, postdoc, a grad student, my fellow undergrad, and I went running around Pacific Beach on Thursday night. There's a roller coaster there called the Giant Dipper, which Matt told me is exactly the same as one in Santa Cruz. Weird. I wonder which one is the copy. I didn't want to ride it, because I'm a sissy. Russ said it made him feel sick, so maybe it's better that I didn't.

Here's everyone on the ride:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And here's everyone being weird later on... they're in the bushes outside the roller coaster, if you can't tell.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here's a shot of the wild animal park. I didn't get any really good pictures because I was mainly looking at the animals. I did get a shot of three awesome rhinos (there were a ton of rhinos, about 20 of them).
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I also got this cute condor chick:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
They sold it at the wild animal park and I thought it was sort of cute, but I didn't get it. Then, the next day at the flea market they had it for a dollar! Score! It's awesome and a lot more round in person.

The sausage tree! My sister talks about it more on her website (scroll down to bottom of page... and there are more pictures of it here).
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Obviously we are excited about the tree. And are touching the sausage.

Also, I would like to point out that Matt cleaned my room for me yesterday. And dusted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home