Monday, September 18, 2006

Gory murder, two-page autobiography, twelve-hour fast

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Matt and I saw The Black Dahlia on Saturday, and it was annoyingly disappointing. The book by James Elroy is very good (although it's pretty trashy), so I was surprised at the low Rotten Tomatoes rating (about 30%, with a ridiculous 13% for the cream of the crop) and thought, "well, how bad could it be?"
It was bad.
Boring at times, convoluted, confusing plot that left in about half of the book's story lines but didn't explain them enough, and a ton of really creepy, disturbing images. Overall it was decent fun, and I don't know if there's anything else out there that I'd want to see right now, but it's too bad it didn't live up to the book. (Or stand up on its own-Matt hadn't read the book, and he disliked it more than I did, because he couldn't follow the plot).

In other news, I'm still writing my two-page autobiography for my UCSD application. Tons of fun that. And tonight/tomorrow I have to go through a twelve-hour fast because I have to get blood tests done. In my mind this is just adding insult to injury: not only do I have to get blood drawn, but I also have to starve. The hospital's only saving grace is that it's close to TJ Maxx and Marshalls, and I'm definitely hitting up those establishments after my traumatic hospital experience (and maybe stopping by the Taco Bell to end that fast).

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww...I'm sorry you can't eat for a while. In any case, good luck, and I hope the tests go smoothly.

Yay for shopping, though!

3:48 PM  
Blogger seabeans said...

You get to count sleeping time in the 12 hours, so it's not as bad as it sounds.

And you couldn't pay me to see that movie.

3:57 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Hey, you told me you wanted to see it when I was in SD!

4:47 PM  
Blogger seabeans said...

I was wrong! I didn't know it was a gnarly murder thing. But then I saw the preview, and it looked like a gnarly murder thing with old fashioned costumes which is even worse.

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home