Sunday, September 24, 2006

Bad year to live in Roble again

Today I showed up at Roble to move in, and my beautiful, cozy room that I had picked out in in-house draw had been taken away from me. Unfortunately, the remodel meant that the disability room next door had its sink and closet taken out to make it wheelchair accessible, so the guy who drew disability into there (who needed a sink) got my room, and I got moved into his room.

I've probably never been so upset in my life.

I have no sink, no closet (and no mirror). Just enough space to move my wheelchair into the-----OH WAIT I DON'T HAVE AN EFFING WHEELCHAIR.

One of the most important reasons why I picked Roble was because of the sinks in the rooms. Plus, since the rooms are supposed to have sinks, the bathroom (which is on the other end of the hall--ohhhh so convenient) only has one sink, with no counter, and a small mirror. I have to share my toothbrushing/contact lens facilities with people who wash their hands after taking a crap. I am pissed off.
Aurgh--this is a terrible year for Roble. First they had to reshuffle a ton of people and cram two people into the singles. And then they assigned a disability room to someone whose disability necessitated something that the room specifically didn't have--which was taken out because it was a disability room. It's all really messed up, and I can't help but feel like I got royally shafted in the process.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

At least you don't have an effing wheelchair though? He would probably trade his sink for your legs. :-p

4:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww...I'm sorry :(.

Will they fix it? I mean, if you don't have a closet that's kind of bad...

3:06 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Hm, well the point is that he doesn't need a wheelchair, but he did need a sink. The whole situation is stupid.

2:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home