Thursday, July 06, 2006

Fourth of July

For the 4th (actually, on the 1st, because it was a Saturday), I went with Mike to a company barbecue. What made it awesome, though, was that he works for ILM, part of Lucasfilm, so the barbecue was this massive event on Skywalker Ranch. The ranch was ridiculously pretty and well-kept, and I'm pretty jealous of this George Lucas guy.

So here's an idea of what it looked like (hopefully I'm allowed to post pictures like this?)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Pretty building, vinyard, and rolling hills. Pretty standard stuff, right?

Here's Mike in front of this lake, which apparently is called "Ewok Lake." Like, you know, Star Wars and all that, right?... I think that's a little cheesy, but whatever.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

They had an ice cream truck! Actually, they had a ton of food, too bad I wasn't in a "hungry" mood (although I DID eat some awesome potato salad, for which I braved almost certain food poisoning)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

animalitos!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This goat was awesome. He was like "arrrrr, food!"

The man himself! Ha ha, we kept trying to take clandestine pictures of George Lucas by posing to the side of where he was and pretending to take pictures of ourselves. Unfortunately the only one I could get was this one of his back (he's in the plaid shirt).
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Actually, people were pretty good about acting normal around him. This picnic was for employees (and guests) only, and apparently everyone's bosses were terribly clear about how no one was allowed to do anything stupid like ask him for autographs, etc. It was pretty funny because people were still swarming around him & he was obviously the center of attention, while everyone was sort of pretending to act like they didn't think he was too much of a big deal.

The next day (Sunday) I got to see Angela! That was exciting, she had just got back from England + a ridiculous world tour. Monday I left work early and took a three and a half hour nap, which, Matt pointed out, is more than half of the sleep I get on a normal night. Yes, I know I don't sleep enough, but whatever. Tuesday I went on a 7 mile hike around Windy Hill. Wednesday and today have been boring and uneventful. I keep falling asleep in lab.

4 Comments:

Blogger writingchkkk said...

It is really great that you had a good time on the 4th of July, or the first, i lost track. But it looks like you were having a blast. btw, i love the template. You should see mine, nno really, it sucks.

11:31 AM  
Blogger seabeans said...

woah neat! you spelled vineyard wrong though.

haha you were reading my blog the same time I was reading yours! I mean, I got the LJ comment-telling thing like a minute ago.

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Note: I am so grim.

7:36 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Maybe you were unconsciously protesting the stupid naming of the lake you were standing in front of.
And yes, I suppose I did misspell "vineyard." I was actually unsure about how to spell it, and now I'm too lazy to go back and change it. Oh Lordy.

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home