Monday, June 26, 2006

Chloe

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Chloe is Matt's parent's cockatiel. They got him after his dad's parrot (of 35 years!) died. Matt's dad loves birds, and I didn't realize they were such awesome pets. I never got to meet Little (the Amazon that died), but even this little bird has a ton of personality and is really smart. Oh, and if you're wondering why a "him" is named Chloe, they didn't know the sex of the bird when it was little, and by the time they figured it was a boy (the face turns yellow after the first molt), he already learned his name.
Anyways, he was pretty awesome, and liked to hang out. He was always on someone's shoulder during dinner. I think he liked me because I wore a necklace and sparkly things intrigued him (which is why I'm not wearing my necklaces in any of these pictures--he kept pecking them so I had to take them off).

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And, speaking of funny birds, we saw these guys at the Eureka Zoo (which actually isn't as bad as you'd think--and it was free).
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

There were also a pair of monkeys who were eating mealworms out of a jar. Man, I could have stared at those guys for hours. I don't know why I didn't take a picture--maybe because I was too busy watching them. I'm serious, Matt had to drag me away from them.

And, here's a picture of the famous cheese log. I've already made a nice dent in it.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww....thinking about Megan staring at monkeys is so cute.

9:03 PM  
Blogger seabeans said...

huh-huh, she said, "log."

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home