Friday, July 28, 2006

Wow!

So I was sitting around waiting for apple.com trailers to load, and I SOLVED my Microsoft rubik's cube! Don't ask me why I even have one (I really want the MatLab one sitting in lab, I might steal it), but I remembered that they were really hard to solve and I could get the first two "layers" but didn't even try the last one (in case you don't know about rubik's cubes, the picture ones are impossible because even though you can get all the pieces of a picture on one side, they'll be scrambled and won't form the picture).
I'm so freaking proud of myself right now--you have no idea what a boost this is to my nerd ego. My other, shopaholic ego is also content, since I got some awesome cute shoes today...
This is why I need to go to grad school. Because I'm such a terrible nerd that I don't think I can hang out with normal people anymore.

First side of the cube:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Second side:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I am soooo pleased with myself!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Yikes! Here's a more normal picture...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

EDIT: Ok, I'm not quite as psyched now, because i just realized that if you do the first two layers right, the last one has to be right because there's no other way the pieces could fall into place. But it's still pretty cool, ok? And I still have new shoes, so everyone's happy.

3 Comments:

Blogger seabeans said...

"ouch, ow, noooo!" -- Megan's bank account

3:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cubing, wheee!

7:14 AM  
Blogger Jeremy said...

Congratulations to your ego. :-)

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home