Sunday, July 23, 2006

Dear Weather...

...It has been entirely too hot today. Apparently around my lab it was 107 degrees outside, the air conditioning and cooling systems for the computer clusters completely died, and the server rooms overheated (over 90 degrees, they said, which was bad). So all the machines got shut off and a job I had been running for two days got killed! Not to mention that it was just ungodly hot all day. Didn't do much but sit around (and fall asleep). Katherine went back home today, which was a bummer because it was nice to have someone around to encourage me to stay up later. Everyone in this house goes to sleep before midnight... it's like living in the old folk's home. I miss dorms!

So tonight I decided to embrace my nerdiness and went to see A Scanner Darkly with Hoff, Robert, Matt, and a bunch of Hoff's friends. It was playing at the Guild Theater in Menlo Park (which was surprisingly unghetto, despite sketchy appearances). The movie was awesome, trippy, and paranoid, and I took the most unattractive picture ever of Robert and Matt (and one of Hoff's friends, whose name I don't know... oops)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And the best part of the day had to be when Matt and I got back to my house and it was STILL so hot that we went SWIMMING at midnight! I mean, outside must have been about 75 or 80 degrees still, and the pool wasn't much colder. I didn't fully appreciate until now how awesome my pool is. Can't see it too much from the pictures, but it has rocks all around it like a "mountain lake" (cheesy, huh?) and the bottom lights up and everything.

You can't really see the lighted up bottom much in this picture:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is more what it looked like, but here we look like freaks:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Two more pictures that are cool, from Katherine's birthday celebration (I gave her that camel, and Tracy gave her the funny cactus)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Rawr.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kitty! And pretty pictures!

10:37 AM  
Blogger seabeans said...

oh my gawd, that's the ugliest picture of me ever!

2:25 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

I dunno, you're pretty ugly.

:-D

3:29 PM  
Blogger seabeans said...

yeah but in that picture I look ugly AND diseased!

5:45 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Hm, well maybe you're right. To tell you the truth, I didn't really notice you in that picture--I was just posting it for the camel :-P.

6:08 PM  
Blogger seabeans said...

Bayle likes the camel -- he wanted to touch the leathery hooves.

1:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home