Friday, February 09, 2007

Yay!

I got into Baylor med school!
This means that my MD/PhD application will be forwarded to the graduate school, and if they let me in, I'm about 99% in to the MSTP (Medical Scientist Training Program)! However, I was mostly worried about my medical school acceptance, and am decently confident that the reason I got in was due to some people in the graduate school that really wanted me to come work in their labs. So, I would be surprised if I didn't get into the grad school as well. This is exciting.

As an update, I just got back from Yale and UCLA (both MD/PhD interviews). I have to say that I LOVED Yale and very much hope to get in. I remember being struck by Yale when I was applying for undergrad, and going back to New Haven renewed my enthusiasm. The school is beautiful, the students are happy, the faculty is amazing, and I would love to go there. UCLA was also a great place, maybe not as appealing since it's in California (and I have a vague idea that I want to leave CA for awhile), but that's not to say I wouldn't be on top of the world if I got into that school also.

So, now that I've gotten my 2nd acceptance, I feel pretty good. I would be totally happy going to any of these places, and can't wait to hear back from more...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Megan! I'm so happy for you!

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home