Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Today, and a Little Bit of Every Day

My days have become super monotonous. Wake up at 9 every day, go to class, come back, and do work all day, with a few meals in between. I really don't do anything else, unless I have time to go shopping on Saturday. Sometimes if I'm feeling wild I'll go to Sweet Hall and program there with my fellow CS107-ers, but lately, no. Just lots of studying. I think the people in my hall think that all I do is this:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Literally, at any given time, I will be sitting in this chair wearing these shorts and an old navy tank top. And staring at my computer. Whee.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Or I'll be slumped over.

Anyways, today sort of sucked because I woke up and noticed that my beloved flowering stone cactus has some weird brown spot on it that's getting bigger. Help! What am I supposed to do? I'm terrible at taking care of plants, I really really have no idea what's wrong.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Here he is in all his sadness. Damn, am I supposed to be cutting off the dead part? Keeping it in the sun? Taking it out of the sun?

And also, today I was having lunch at the Treehouse with Matt and at the table next to us there was a guy who ATE one of these worms!:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
His friend was all betting he wouldn't do it, and then was like "would you eat one of the cocoons" (because the worms are mostly in cocoons right now), but then it turned into just eating a caterpillar. After surprisingly little hesitation he got one from a nearby statue & the guy put hot sauce on it and chewed it up! I kept wavering between really wanting to see him eat it, and feeling sort of grossed out. Eventually he ate it as we were just leaving, and I had to watch. Come on, I have a morbid curiosity in things like that.
I wonder what they taste like? The hot sauce was a pretty good idea (get rid of some of the bad taste? Do they even taste bad?) I wonder how many oak worms get eaten at Stanford because of bets--they're really all over, and I've already bet someone to eat one (they didn't take the bet).. probably happens all the time.

1 Comments:

Blogger seabeans said...

I think your cactus should be fine if you leave it alone. Is it getting enough air circulation? The Cactus & Succulent Society guy told me that's the most important thing to keeping them alive indoors. Also, it's not on the new leaf is it? If it's on an outer leaf, you shoudln't worry too much. Didn't you say there was a cactus expert down the hall from you?

And: EWWWWWWWWW.

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home