Friday, January 20, 2006

Painful!

Totally traumatic experience this morning:
So I use this kind of contact lens cleaner system:
Image hosting by Photobucket
It's called "Aosept" and is supposed to be for people with sensitive eyes. My doctor started me on it for various reasons, most likely because it's about three times as expensive as the normal stuff. Anyways it works by disinfecting with hydrogen peroxide and then the stuff at the bottom of the case (the little plastic cylinder thingy) slowly converts the hydrogen peroxide (thru some chemical hoodoo, don't ask me, I'm a bio major :-P) into water (actually I really do know how, but whatever) (and I'm not a bio major). The problem is you have to wait 6 hours for all the chemicals to become nice, safe-to-put-in-your-eyes water. And last night my holder tipped over, and the stupidity of the design of the holder is such that there is a big freaking hole in the top of the holder... so all the stuff leaked out, and the residue on the contacts was still all peroxide-y. So this morning, when I stupidly put on my contacts even though I knew that this might happen, I basically stuck straight hydrogen peroxide into my eye.
AURGH! It hurt. And I have to wear my glasses all day. And I have a deathly red eye of doom. If you look at it, it might.. KILL YOU!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home